Joining Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.
I think most people in my life would say, "yes," but I have mixed emotions about that response. I'm a first born, a type A-ish personality, struggling not to be perfectionistic. I really hate change too. While I know the Lord blessed me with this personality, I often feel at battle within myself, asking Him to smooth off the rough edges. So, while I might be a force, I hope the Lord has transformed/influenced me enough to be pleasing in His sight.
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
Oh, I LOVE winter. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I'm a homebody, so this season lends itself to staying indoors. Whoo-hoo! I enjoy the beauty of the snow, the snuggles under blankets, the days we take off for "snow days" that include hot chocolate and good books to read. Winter snow days are the adult version of skipping class or playing hooky! Awesome!
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
Hm. I like kiwi in salad and pomegranates are ok, but messy. I've had guava (no thanks!) and persimmon (in a cookie long ago). Never tried kumquat. I guess kiwi would be the favorite.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Yes! I was raised to "do right no matter what." Whether it's when all else fails or when no one is looking, "do right!"
We use rolling carts for supplies at our church and a couple of years ago the entire staff was told to use only the service elevator when moving the carts. I spend a good amount of time doing that on Sunday and I have never broken the rule, even though many, many others have given it up. I've even been encouraged by other staffers to go ahead and do it, but I can't! I'm such a rule follower. Once my boss saw me send away an elevator I couldn't use to wait for the service elevator and she said, "You've never broken the rule, have you?" I said, "No way!" She laughed. Just can't help it! (I'm a force that way, ha!)
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
Sigh. I skied when I was younger. Now I look at the slopes and think about my knees. :)
I would choose Austria, because I hear it's a beautiful country and I'd like to see it someday.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
Yesterday while clearing off my desk I listened/watched a sermon by Matt Chandler at thevillagechurch.net. Wow! This pastor was recommended to me by my sister-in-law and although the message was on the sanctity of life (I'm pretty firm on where I stand on that one), I thought the message was amazing. He is very entertaining, but his analytical style really spoke to my way of thinking, as well. So good!
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is National Hat Day and National Strawberry Ice Cream Day! I'd hate to blow my diet on strawberry ice cream and I don't look good in a hat, but it's National Oatmeal Month and Hot Tea Month, so I think I'll have tea and oatmeal for breakfast!